English version: Candidates should complete one of the following project assignments.
Title 1: Joint School Essay Writing Competition
In an essay writing competition, there are a number of topics.
- Students of participating schools can be an essay writer, a reviewer, or both.
- Each student can submit not more than one essay for each topic.
- Each essay is reviewed by a group of reviewers, but the essay writer and the corresponding reviewers should not come from the same school.
- A reviewer can specify a priority list of topics for preference.
- The number of essays assigned to each reviewer should be roughly the same.
Candidates are required to design an online essay submission and evaluation system by
- designing a network infrastructure
- designing a database schema
- writing a program/program segment for the essay assignment to reviewers
Title 2: Packet Switching Network Simulation
Packet transmission in a packet switching network is commonly used in modern data communications and networking.
Candidates are required to simulate packet transmission in a packet switching network by
- designing the structure of a packet and a mechanism of packet transmission
- designing the infrastructure of a packet switching network
- writing a program/program segment to simulate packet transmission
In a simulation,
- a message is divided into a number of packets to be sent
- packets may be sent or redirected to all possible routes in a packet switch node
- a packet that never reaches the destination should be abandoned (e.g. a packet that is transmitted in a network as a loop)